Installation of SECU on BMW e28 525i L-jet

Create topic or simply write here if you want to describe your installation. Help others!
translator

Post by translator »

I decided to install new ignition because the price and quality of "original" wires brought no joy. The new wires ordered from Germany costed a lot of money and were putted on the distributor cover with great difficulty, as a result - broken cover (the new one is already ordered, but I hope it will be not needed anymore).

The old turbo-lag, which made me restless, after 4000 revs, was also found only due to the SECU installation, the reason was the voltage slump on the ignition coil at high revs (I didn’t try to find the reason of it, I brought the voltage with the separate wire 16mm2 to the electronic fuse IR3313 for 120A, and the control I took from the coil power supply).

Electronic Fuse

Disc 60-2 was manufactured from the original pulley by means of grooving on the revolving table by milling machine operator and following manual trim.

60-2

The board was manufactured without any assistance for the control unit body of gearbox of some Mitsubishi, because the original ECU needed the signal from the ignition coil and not to trouble the firmware I brought all the signals to one general via diodes to the driver IR4427. The original ECU was upgraded to the level of +12V.

SECU top
SECU bottom

The standard antenna from laptop, with socket ideally suited the Bluetooth. After its installation it was laid in double screen in passenger compartment because the spectral analyzer indicated a lot of harmonics from the car wiring with the strongest peaks at 300 MHz 470 MHz 2.2 GHz and also a lot of small background. The connection with SECU via the Bluetooth would bу impossible without using of the second screen.

Bluetooth with antenna

I used the ignition coils 06C905115M, for better fit they were covered with heat shrinkage.

06C905115M on engine
06C905115M 2
06C905115M 3

The CKP sensor was firstly installed on standard fastening (9 tooth), then it was removed to the 12 tooth, on the 7 tooth there is one mare CKP sensor installed.

Original thread in Russian: http://secu-3.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=315

Return to “Installation examples”