Mazda 626 GC Coupe F6 + onboard computer

Create topic or simply write here if you want to describe your installation. Help others!
translator

Post by translator »

Good whatever time of day applies. I’m starting to keep my small report regarding my experience of using the microprocessor ignition system SECU-3. The system is going to be installed on Mazda 626 GC, engine F6. The car was bought not very long ago with “dead” engine. Currently I reassemble the engine fully. The ignition system (like many other units in this car) was shoddily upgraded by non-professional craftsmen. For some purpose was installed second igniter, in series with first one, which was built-in in distributor. Vacuum adjuster in the distributor was out of order. After looking at all these things I started to surf the internet to find out what kinds of ignition system existed. I came on this site at once, read, considered and decided that this system is more than suitable for me. I got in touch with developers, ordered the system. Frankly speaking I feared the successful delivery because of tight situation in Ukraine. But, for a wonder, the package was delivered successfully. I brought it home, and the first thing I did, let the developers forgive me, - I disassembled it)) Looked at the board, connected it. The system established connection with the manager at once. After that it was programmed with the needed firmware. After considering documentation I decided to manufacture a simple onboard computer, which could be able to display for me 4 parameters on control panel – circuit voltage, engine temperature and data from two additional inputs, to which I’m going to tie the indicator of the fuel level in tank and the signal from the oil pressure sensor. The microprocessor ignition system board was slightly modificated – two “pins” (bushing potential device) for UART were soldered in, the resistor R93 and two transistors VT2 and VT3 were removed. The microprocessor ignition system was hitched to small stand with LCD + AtMega 8535, the firmware was created to check the possibility of operation in this mode. Hereafter the board will be manufactured, which will be able to integrate into the standard control panel of car. Generally the wasted spark mode is planned, coils from Toyota 7a-fe lean burn. The pulley 60-2 was made to order. I attach the photos of everything, what I currently have; there is no much time for me to work with the car.

Original thread in Russian: http://secu-3.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=299

Return to “Installation examples”